Game artist position

General Topic
討論一般的題目 // 如屬於其他版面的題目請勿在此版發表 !!

Re: REply

文章Ray Leung » 4日 7月 2010年, 20:49

ayakiryu 寫:To Ray Leung

I understand that I can not give a correction on you or another member because I feel that I'm a 'rookies' in 3d .However I have did a lot of research on SCAD and SCAD has a good reputation in America . Not only the reputation also the staffs abilties are qualify as well and most of them have been to the industry; if you make some research on internet .

From my point of view I do not guarantee that SCAD will be the best university in Hong Kong but I assume that they will not fail every applicant 's confidence .

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to be disrespectful to SCAD or their staffs. I'm sure you'll benefit from their courses. But what I'm trying to say is you can pick up a lot more if you go to animation school. I went to a fine art college myself for a bachelor degree. I did pick up a lot as a rookie with no industrial knowledge at all. However, the program itself involved a lot of "theory classes" and "studio classes". I'm not sure how SCAD's programs work but universities tend to have a "balance" between practical and theory classes. Theory classes are compulsory but unnecessary. And for master programs, studio classes are basically preparing your own end-of-year project. They give you feedback in class so you can improve your work at home. And all these cost money, which you can basically get for free if you just submit your works to a cg forum and ask for feedbacks. I spent 3 years on my bachelor degree and I wouldn't even consider wasting another year for the master degree. And my 3d knowledge is completely outrun by my colleague who came from Gnormon school. Their program structure is very intensive. You work with 3d, think with 3d, live with 3d. Zero time wasting, and definitely no bullshit. But I could be wrong. SCAD could be a decent uni for 3d animation. But it all depends on your expectation. I had my bachelor degree in a uni and I wish I would have done it with an animation school. That's why I'm giving you my advise. Hope i didn't offend anyone :)
Ray Leung
CGV討論區會員
CGV討論區會員

文章: 146
註冊時間: 12日 11月 2006年, 13:14
來自: Sydney

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
上一頁

回到 C G 討論版

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 25 位訪客