Which 3D software is best to learn!

General Topic
討論一般的題目 // 如屬於其他版面的題目請勿在此版發表 !!

文章lamfan » 21日 11月 2001年, 09:50

I had learn a lit bit of 3Dmax before by computer book and now I want to learn to draw a human face! which software is best!

By using Pc and Mac, what kind of hardware I need to prepare! I'm using PII 300 256Mram voodoo2 at home and I want to update it, how much will it spend? I only have $5000, if buying mac, is that more power? I'm using G4 533 256Mram in my company and that is good for 2Dgraphic, is that good for 3D either? Please help me ok?
lamfan
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章: 7
註冊時間: 21日 11月 2001年, 08:00

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

文章stantang » 21日 11月 2001年, 11:50

I recommended Lightwave if you're going to use it on Mac and PC. It's not as highend as XSI or Maya, but it's a very nice program with almost everything you need. Plus it's so fast!
頭像
stantang
討論區主持
討論區主持

文章: 1566
註冊時間: 8日 11月 2001年, 08:00
來自: Groom Lake

文章Stormtroopar » 21日 11月 2001年, 18:39

To be honest, if you are learning 3D and you want to focus on head modeling, many 3d programs will do it and do it well. If you are in to polygons, Max and even Nendo are great for it on the PC side. If you want it for a Mac, Lightwave is a good choice. Even Animation Master would be great for both PC and Mac as well, the program is very cheap as well, $299.00 US, but a very good program for character work.
Stormtroopar
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章: 27
註冊時間: 16日 11月 2001年, 08:00
來自: Los Angeles

文章lamfan » 22日 11月 2001年, 09:43

How about softimage? is that a good choose? It seen to be very popular and powerful, I want to just learn one 3D software instead lot of it, but first my friend tell me I need to understand the concept for 3D drawing first!
lamfan
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章Stormtroopar » 22日 11月 2001年, 15:28

Well, I agree its good to focus on one software, rather than many.

Softimage is definitely a great choice. Really strong in animation and the modeling is pretty good as well. Renderer is top notch. Definitely recommend it.
Stormtroopar
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章: 27
註冊時間: 16日 11月 2001年, 08:00
來自: Los Angeles

文章clover » 22日 11月 2001年, 18:39

I think using 'shadeR4' to make the human model is better than softimage.It is because a beutiful visual girl named 'FeiFei' is using 'shadeR4' to make.But I don't know how to use this program.I think this program may
be similar to Rhino.
clover
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章: 10
註冊時間: 12日 11月 2001年, 08:00

文章3DMan » 22日 11月 2001年, 22:13

It's depend on your skill , u know.
Softwares is tools only.
'FeiFei' look nice not becos of 'shadeR4'.
They chose the softwave might be many reasons ( like......budget....).I'm a Maya user but I still can't make a nice looking human in 3D.:<
So, don't believe software is the all.

<font size=-1>[ 這篇文章被編輯過: 3DMan 在 2001-11-22 22:13 ]</font>
頭像
3DMan
CGV討論區會員
CGV討論區會員

文章: 150
註冊時間: 7日 9月 2001年, 08:00
來自: HongKong

文章lamfan » 23日 11月 2001年, 10:34

Ok thanks so much! I will decide my idea soon! Please check my homepage and give me some comment on my Illustration drawing! Seeyou people around! http://www.lamfan.hk.st
lamfan
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章HapZungLam » 24日 11月 2001年, 11:39

okay, I agree. Software is just the tool. I am a softimage user. However, i am a modeler, Maya has the best modeling tool than XSI. As the previous said, your skills is the main part of it. However, a strong tool will really help you to explore you skills. Let's say you are a nurbs modeler, but you are using MAX to work with Nurbs modeling. Will you able to make a good Nurbs model with you good skills with MAX? I think not. MAX is a good software, but i feel that this is not user friendly as Maya and Soft. Compare to Lightwave. It has a great polygon modeling tool. But lightwave doesn't have MR support. Hum... seems like there has no perfect software. If you are going for softimage. Don't use Softimage 3D, use XSI. 3D sucks, is super buggy and stupid. it will drive you crazy when you do character setup.
頭像
HapZungLam
討論區主持
討論區主持

文章: 1143
註冊時間: 30日 8月 2001年, 08:00
來自: Vancouver

文章HKazami » 24日 11月 2001年, 15:00

Maya has the best NURBs modeling tools & XSI has argubly the best polygon/subD tools. Hard to compare. Regarding user-friendly interface, it really depends how well one can get used to it. Some old SI user can't get used to XSI, some can't stand the maya deep interface, some can't understand houdini procedurism, & some doesn't get along with lw linear workflow. Maybe get the apps demos & try it for a bit first.

I guess perfect choice for software would be the one that does the job for you. Or else how could people create all the amazing CG movies out there? The end justifies the means. All the tools out there are more than enough to do anything you need. Certainly, that doesn't mean NURBS users expect to do NURBS in LW, & Maya users expect to do some GI with the base package. So, keep exploring & learning....

3D is not super buggy, it's production proven stable and reliable. On the other hand, XSI 1.0 was super buggy. That's the truth even tho I don't like SI|3D. Also, SI|3D was considered the best character setup & animation package out there. It doesn't suck, but the new XSI is just way better =). XSI has better character animation tools if that's what u meant.
HKazami
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章: 29
註冊時間: 14日 11月 2001年, 08:00

文章HapZungLam » 25日 11月 2001年, 03:13

I mean character setup when you setup a skeleton, you need to do a nullified. It is super stupid. Why don't they just control the bones by picking the end effecter like XSI does. Also, when you weight in 3D. this is funny, you pick a point, and go to weight edit, once you correct to the numbers that you satisfy, in a sudden, the windows will refresh. It is super stupid also, if you tag a lot of points, the weight windows is full, and need tobe scroll in order to adjust the other tags on the list. The refresh will be make you mad. That's not suppost to happen. Also, when seting up MR effects. All the MR shader windows are very complacated. They have everything there for you to adjust, that's a good thing. However, you don't know what the effect to take if you modify something, you know what i mean. THey don't have the right word to explain what's the function of each. You can't just do render everytime you modify something since you want to see what's that do. This is insane. Also 3D's texture is sucks. Campare to XSI, it is whole a lot easier.

Geez, i am a Softimage fans, but this is something that i got pissed by 3D. XSI is way more userfriendly, however, i am not a XSI expert yet, i am jsut a beginner.
頭像
HapZungLam
討論區主持
討論區主持

文章: 1143
註冊時間: 30日 8月 2001年, 08:00
來自: Vancouver

文章HKazami » 25日 11月 2001年, 03:44

Wa... so troublesome? oh well, i don't know la, I never bother to learn SI|3D cuz I tried the workflow & i don't like it from the very beginning. Just wanna note tho that many experts could get along and be happy with it.
Also, there is no point to compare XSI to 3D as Maya to PA or as WinXP to Win3.1. 3D, PA, & Win3.1 are outdated and the next revolution are taking over. But well, again, different people gets along with different apps. Some might fall in love with the old workflow, i dunno. Anyways, glad to hear that u like XSI.

<font size=-1>[ 這篇文章被編輯過: HKazami 在 2001-11-25 03:57 ]</font>
HKazami
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章: 29
註冊時間: 14日 11月 2001年, 08:00

回到 C G 討論版

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 2 位訪客