Do you like RealOne player/What do you feel about it??

Computer Technology + Hardware Talk
各位可在此處交流及討論有關電腦硬件、系統及技術上的問題

版主: Cyber Oxygen

文章Solution » 21日 11月 2002年, 10:06

I hate this player!!

Because I have several player installed in my pc (quicktime, windows media player, etc...) and I have installed RealONE, and marked what file formats should RealONE to playback and marked "Periodical check for file format" option. BUT, RealONE player don't obey this law, and always play the file format that I haven't marked! (such as, it play my audio CD, and prompt for "burn CD music" while I insert the audio CD into cd-rom. promopt for play DVD but i have winDVD installed.... etc) SHIT! what a loving software!! this stupid software only suitable for those lazy users or beginner who don't have much software experience. FOR experience software users who want to control their computer with specific software to do specific job, DONT TRY TO INSTALL THIS PLAYER!

RealONE player, in fact, some function are useless, it have changed its out-look, add support for several media (CD, CD burning, DVD, quicktime, but god, i have my own software to take care on them, realone just play your own RM and RA, OK???) the most valuable function is that it support RMVB (Real Media Variable Bitrate format), but, I still think, if you don't need playback RMVB file, you have your own software for playback specific file formate, JUST DON'T TOUCH THIS REALONE PLAYER!!! :evil:
Solution
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章: 32
註冊時間: 27日 9月 2001年, 08:00

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

文章HapZungLam » 21日 11月 2002年, 12:32

Solution, i dont' think this way, However in my case, It does obey the links.

If it doesn't, MAKE IT OBEY. like go to file option and change it.
Real one is good, compare to the stupid media player. it just make everything go slow. even if a file as small as 100k, it still play jurkly. Well, first, my computer suck. and installed XP. yeayea, that's my fault. However, playing with the same clip using 2 different players. REALONE real good. Mplayer :P..... bburghh.

That's why i say REALone is better than Mplayer. But hey, only stupid Mplayer support DivX right? that means, when ever divx file that i want to watch. i have to open the damn player damn it.

I know "Playa"from DIVx can play it too. but the god damn Playa has god damn bugs. Is the most buggy player ever. It can give it a orner for it. A buggy crash orner.
頭像
HapZungLam
討論區主持
討論區主持

文章: 1143
註冊時間: 30日 8月 2001年, 08:00
來自: Vancouver

文章Solution » 21日 11月 2002年, 14:02

NOPE! RealONE player don't obey the file format option that I wish and I have to change the playback format option several time in a week!
I have winDVD installed to play DVD disk. But after install RealONE(I haven't check the box that let realone to play DVD), while I insert the DVD disk into pc, the realone will jump out, but stay on the screen without start playing my disk! SHIT, what the hells going on!!?? I open the tools>preference in realone, and see that in "media content" part, the DVD line, check box still haven't check, but the name beside changed from WinDVD to REALone! FUxK! what a stupid thing! ok, I close the realone, and open the winDVD, re-assign my DVD disk to playback by winDVD. ok... no problem at this moment. I stop the dvd and exit winDVD, then open RealONE, open tools>preference>media content>DVD, now check box still un-check and name is "winDVD", ok all things seems alright now! then i press "OK" to exit preference page and exit realone. I eject my DVD disk and re-insert it again, SHIT!!!!!! RealONE come out again! what a super FUxkING software!
DVD is alright, because I can re-link the relation in winDVD, but AUDIO CD is a shit! I donno what time RealONE get linked my AUDIO CD for playback! everytime I insert a audio CD into pc, the realone jump out and state that "You can burning CD using realone", damn, I have nero and cloneCD installed, realone please just plackback the media that I assign for u! other format u just get out of my way! This time, the audio CD is assigned to realone, i could hardly re-assign the audio CD playback to windows CD player!
I think the design of RealONE player is just suitable for beginners or user who want "all in one" to use. RealPlayer 8.x version is much more suitable for the users who want "specific format, specific player" to use!
Solution
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章HapZungLam » 21日 11月 2002年, 23:57

did you ever try open up windows explore, go to tool, folder option. under file type tab. whenever you see a realone icon. DELETE it completely. That way will leave all the media file as default. So that well, say, you deleted. When you try to open a media file, it will prompt and ask which program you want to open with. choose the one you want. Check "always use this program" . that should store it in your folder option then.

Try it see if it works. if it isn't, send a @#%Q#W$ email to realone player. haha
頭像
HapZungLam
討論區主持
討論區主持

文章Cyber Oxygen » 22日 11月 2002年, 00:41

Realone player 要不要錢的?

8)
頭像
Cyber Oxygen
討論區主持
討論區主持

文章: 745
註冊時間: 30日 4月 2002年, 12:54

文章HapZungLam » 22日 11月 2002年, 09:11

nop. but yes for the advance version.
頭像
HapZungLam
討論區主持
討論區主持

文章Solution » 22日 11月 2002年, 10:23

WOwowowowo~ hi HapZungLam, the method you mentioned I have used to correct my audio CD playback function after I have UNINSTALL the realone player since the realone player still mount with my audioCD volume name logo which make the AUDIOCD volume name have a "real" (the real player 8.x logo) logo!

And, if the realone player cannot obey what media it should play under it's "tools>preference>media content" (I think real player always have this option, at least start from verion 7.x, but 7.x and 8.x obey their own job very well!) and need the user to change it under "Explorer>file option>blablabla..." then the software is a poor design, doesn't it?
Solution
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

回到 電腦科技及硬件討論

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 15 位訪客