I have passion of 3D animation , but any age restriction for old lady?

歡迎各[ CG人 ] 在此求職 或 [ Freelancer ] 求 JOBs
請先閱讀"使用守則 "

I have passion of 3D animation , but any age restriction for old lady?

文章phillix » 4日 12月 2006年, 16:27

[b][b][size=24][size=18][size=12]Maybe within the industry need the younger because of their never ending energy. How come a middle aged lady doesnt has? :evil: Sure not ! But because of HK has aged discrimination for most of industries ever happened. Just like me , I have lot of energy not worsen than the younger. I have a passion to become an animator and went to study a year course in Canada. I had quited my previous job - high salary - only ONE reason support me ' I like to be an animator '. :P
I hope I can step into the industry just a ' chance', one chance is enough ! Understood my stuff not a pro but believe that keep going and keep improving my experience there'll be no regret! (dont think Im William Hung ahhhhhh!) :)
Am I too late to step in the industry ? If there is ....I feel despair on the society!

online portfolio: www.phillix.com
[size=18]
[/size][/size][/size][/size]
[/b][/b]
Inspiration is never ending and impossibe is nothing ............
頭像
phillix
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章: 11
註冊時間: 27日 11月 2006年, 18:30
來自: Hong Kong

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

文章h2o » 4日 12月 2006年, 18:05

It's very good to keep this attitude.

BTW, if u have any administration experience in previous jobs, u can try some position related of that. Such as, production assistant or assistant producer. I don't know u like it or not, just a suggestion. :wink:
FB
My Lab
CG guy + Researcher + Educator
頭像
h2o
討論區主持
討論區主持

文章: 4945
註冊時間: 7日 4月 2002年, 08:00
來自: Dark Side
外號: 水水

文章sobig » 4日 12月 2006年, 20:33

really have aged discrimination for cg industry?
i don't think so..
as i know, a few animators are not young(not the fresh grad age) when starting their career.

did u try any cg house? :)
香港 3ds max 用戶組

cg is for fun, not for money.
otherwise, cg is not yours.
頭像
sobig
討論區主持
討論區主持

文章: 1869
註冊時間: 4日 5月 2006年, 00:29
來自: max

文章phillix » 5日 12月 2006年, 00:48

really thanks to h2o and sobig comments... I dont know how long could I keep that kinda attitude as I can. Ive already tried sending portfolio to cg house in hk , still no any interview at all. :-? Knew that my stuffs might not be qualify, I still hope can have a job of junior animator. I could keep it as on-job-training just one chance, but most company require have some years experience not offer such kinda it. Just wait.......keep....... :o
頭像
phillix
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章Andrew Lee » 5日 12月 2006年, 01:31

there is no aged discrimination in anywhere in cg industry, including hong kong. The company would hire you what ever your age is, as long as you got a strong portfolio. :wink:
www.andrewlee.hk
頭像
Andrew Lee
討論區主持
討論區主持

文章: 1562
註冊時間: 4日 8月 2003年, 09:24
外號: Andrew Lee

文章sobig » 5日 12月 2006年, 02:48

Andrew Lee 寫:there is no aged discrimination in anywhere in cg industry, including hong kong. The company would hire you what ever your age is, as long as you got a strong portfolio. :wink:

agree!!!
phillix,
how long did you take your cg program in canada?
some cg house offer animation trainee for fresh grad.
you can try that.
香港 3ds max 用戶組

cg is for fun, not for money.
otherwise, cg is not yours.
頭像
sobig
討論區主持
討論區主持

文章: 1869
註冊時間: 4日 5月 2006年, 00:29
來自: max

文章kingnt66 » 5日 12月 2006年, 04:22

Well...I've look at your portfolio, and I think you still have a lot of room for improvement. I can see you have potential, but your stuff aren't quite meet with the industry standard yet.

The CG industry is a lot harder to break-in than couple years ago, people can learn a lot of stuff just by all the online tutorial and forums, thus it raise the bar even higher. Just put yourself into their shoes, will you hire someone that need to be train or hire someone who is good already? You can't expect the company pay to train you right?

Trust me, age isn't a problem at all, the only way to break into the industry is keep trying. If your current demo reel can't get you a job, you have to figure out the problem and redo your demo reel. I know it's not easy to come up with another demo reel, it require so much time, energy, and patient, this is the only way you can break through however.

It took me 1 and half year to get a job after I graduated. What happen is, it took me three months to work on my first demo reel, and then I sent it out to over 100 companies, but got no response at all, so I used another six months to build my second demo reel while working full time as an regular office boy (I still need to pay my rent :-? ) This time I got two interviews, but still no luck. I was very frustrated that I almost going to give up. But I pull myself together and spent another 9 months to work on my reel, and finally I got my first CG job!!

It may be hard to get into the CG industry, you will feel tired, frustration, disappoinment, anxious~~~etc, but the fruit of success is even sweeter after all the hard work, so don't give up and keep trying!! :P
頭像
kingnt66
CGV討論區會員
CGV討論區會員

文章: 143
註冊時間: 16日 11月 2003年, 05:01
來自: Far Far Away

文章禾夫 » 5日 12月 2006年, 04:33

phillix,

If you want to be junior animator...
First, you need to build up at least one strong ability, no matter it's modeling, animating, texture, lighting , rendering or creating visual effects. Since most cg house divided animators into different team/department, you need to be choosen by one of those team leader/ department head.
You have to choose one area, concentrate on it and prepare your portfolio to a certain quality. You can always compare your work with other ppl showing their reel/ works in cg forums.
Animators' work is serving production workflow. Skillset is essential element when companies are looking for people.

Hope these little opinion can help you.
禾夫
CGV討論區會員
CGV討論區會員

文章: 135
註冊時間: 19日 3月 2006年, 02:35

文章Vantage » 5日 12月 2006年, 12:35

learn more, try more, and the path to the success will be near!
Vantage
CGV討論區會員
CGV討論區會員

文章: 410
註冊時間: 4日 7月 2003年, 22:35

文章milkboy » 5日 12月 2006年, 14:27

只是換個角度,何解不先將CG當興趣自由發展,電視電影早已是流水作業式的集體商業操作,沒有了光環,培養自己的個性和風格反可釋放創意,這樣更加自由。
milkboy
CGV討論區會員
CGV討論區會員

文章: 213
註冊時間: 24日 9月 2001年, 08:00

文章online_mad2 » 6日 12月 2006年, 23:55

you studied in VFS?
online_mad2
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章: 76
註冊時間: 9日 4月 2006年, 22:21

文章howiejai » 7日 12月 2006年, 10:04

I saw her resume, she went to VanArts..
頭像
howiejai
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章: 46
註冊時間: 12日 1月 2006年, 12:46
來自: HongKong/Vancouver
外號: GameProducer

文章phillix » 7日 12月 2006年, 11:28

If I'd grad from VFS, my portfolio shoud'nt so simple and got hired ! Besides, all the opinions are very useful for me ! I have to plan / making my new demo reel again. ( have a lot of time cos no work )
頭像
phillix
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章howiejai » 7日 12月 2006年, 12:54

I don't think school has too much impact... VanArts is not a bad place to study 3D either...I have seen some pretty weak profolio from VFS graduates...

Like what other has mentioned, pick a field that you're interested in and focus on it. Your demo reel doesn't need to be long. If you're interested in animation, a 10 second of really good animation will land you a job...a classmate of mine got his first job at blue sky studio with his first 10 second of animation. The recruiter didn't even bother to watch the rest...=_="

Good luck on your new demo reel~! add oil!
頭像
howiejai
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章: 46
註冊時間: 12日 1月 2006年, 12:46
來自: HongKong/Vancouver
外號: GameProducer

文章daBear » 14日 4月 2007年, 15:50

focus on what you do best and not what you want to do. Always work on quality and not quantity. A good story is good, but not really neccesary nowaday. Remember, just keep your best stuff on your reel. I see some good work on your reel, but too bad there are more poor stuff. Edit it and I believe your chance will come one day. Keep it on!
may the force be with you .....
頭像
daBear
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章: 25
註冊時間: 26日 7月 2002年, 06:27
來自: canada

下一頁

回到 CG Artists Looking 4 Jobs

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 10 位訪客