HK的softimage fans

各XSI / Softimage/Face Robot 用戶可在這裡交流問題和分享制作經驗

版主: HapZungLam

HK的softimage fans

文章boris » 16日 5月 2002年, 10:33

在HK會有幾多人用softimage呢?? 在HK softimage是不是不受歡迎呢?? :( 想知...........
頭像
boris
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章: 24
註冊時間: 15日 5月 2002年, 20:57
來自: H.K(日本)

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

文章HapZungLam » 17日 5月 2002年, 08:15

From what i see from here. the answer is "Yes".

There has not much ppl using Soft in HK. I wonder why
頭像
HapZungLam
討論區主持
討論區主持

文章: 1143
註冊時間: 30日 8月 2001年, 08:00
來自: Vancouver

文章boris » 19日 5月 2002年, 11:13

我覺得XSI的功能很強勁,絕對不會差過MAYA和3Dmax,可能教材不足!很少公司用的原因! 真的希望softimage在HK同MAYA和3Dmax一樣普及起來啦........ :roll:
頭像
boris
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章: 24
註冊時間: 15日 5月 2002年, 20:57
來自: H.K(日本)

文章tdk » 19日 5月 2002年, 18:35

many old (at least 5 to 6 years old) cg production in hk have used Softimage (actually some studio still using it for production), but due to the long delay of XSI, many of them changed to Maya, with the Maya pipeline developed, you cannot expect them changed back to XSi immediately.

as far as I know, some of them are taking a serious look at XSI, but the economy is bad (upgrading a dozen of licensse is big money) and before the version of 2.0, XSI is quite buggy and incomplete in some area.

But I think XSI had a very bright future.
tdk
CGV討論區會員
CGV討論區會員

文章: 373
註冊時間: 16日 11月 2001年, 08:00

Benefit

文章Siegfried » 20日 5月 2002年, 17:35

I believe XSI did better than MAYA in rendering, I mean with the default bundle renderer.
生死去來 樹頭傀儡
一線斷時 落落磊磊
頭像
Siegfried
討論區主持
討論區主持

文章: 960
註冊時間: 7日 4月 2002年, 08:00
來自: 星之大海

文章Softman » 23日 5月 2002年, 13:10

Softman
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章: 2
註冊時間: 5日 9月 2001年, 08:00

文章魚魚 » 24日 5月 2002年, 13:40

hello: TDK
要由3d 版 用戶 轉用 xsi
我想這一點 都有一定困難存在
xsi 實在有太多功能 躍進

tdk 寫:many old (at least 5 to 6 years old) cg production in hk have used Softimage (actually some studio still using it for production), but due to the long delay of XSI, many of them changed to Maya, with the Maya pipeline developed, you cannot expect them changed back to XSi immediately.

as far as I know, some of them are taking a serious look at XSI, but the economy is bad (upgrading a dozen of licensse is big money) and before the version of 2.0, XSI is quite buggy and incomplete in some area.

But I think XSI had a very bright future.
魚魚
CGV討論區會員
CGV討論區會員

文章: 202
註冊時間: 24日 5月 2002年, 13:02

文章魚魚 » 24日 5月 2002年, 13:49

hi boris
我在 3.9 3d 版才開始用 接觸 softimage
到現在xsi ,在modeling 方面 的確是比3d 版不足
而且初接觸時更有點無所適從
在不斷 摸索 之下
需不是用得很精
但越是了解 就越覺得容易上手
只要 忘記 先前3d 版的操作
把自己看成一張白紙
就會自自然然 被他迷上了

boris 寫:我覺得XSI的功能很強勁,絕對不會差過MAYA和3Dmax,可能教材不足!很少公司用的原因! 真的希望softimage在HK同MAYA和3Dmax一樣普及起來啦........ :roll:
魚魚
CGV討論區會員
CGV討論區會員

文章: 202
註冊時間: 24日 5月 2002年, 13:02

文章HapZungLam » 28日 5月 2002年, 12:07

I tell you what, Why ppl don't use Softimage:

1. Softimage marketing just sucks. They don't follow up with the client. Once the client has a problem, they don't even try to help you out. My Instructor was trying to continue the licence of XSI for the next semester. He called Soft for manymany times., ask tell them about the
situation. But they don't even care. They mailed us a wrong copy of XSI too. So, their marketing is jsut sucks.

Compare with maya, Maya is now lower the price. They ask company to change their software to maya for FREE. Most important is that they are about their client. unlike Soft.

2. it is something about Home user (I am talking about illegal thing) How many of you see XSI can download off the internet warez site? NEVER, i never see it on any of the warez site. However, Maya 4 is everywhere. (since maya is very easy to crack and hack into the server) Compare to XSI. I only can find them in newsgroup. But barely can see any.

XSI is very very hard to crack. PPl working for months to figure it out how to crack the server.

3. I don't see much books is talking about Soft. I've been playing with XSI for half a year. I only learn by myself. If i have any questions, i go to forum for help (ur... i should parden myself. I was a softimage 3D user for 1 year b4 i know XSI. I did went to a XSI trainning for 1 week :P)

But really, when i get my first touch of Softimage. I can't even know how to select object. it is partly it is very different from any other software. But once you get going (know what you are doing), it has a pretty good work flow. Very user-friendly.
頭像
HapZungLam
討論區主持
討論區主持

文章HapZungLam » 28日 5月 2002年, 12:10

魚魚 寫:hello: TDK
要由3d 版 用戶 轉用 xsi
我想這一點 都有一定困難存在
xsi 實在有太多功能 躍進

It only took me 2 weeks to get use to the interface of XSI. it is pretty amaze me.
頭像
HapZungLam
討論區主持
討論區主持

文章HapZungLam » 28日 5月 2002年, 12:17

魚魚 寫:在modeling 方面 的確是比3d 版不足

I totally disagree with you. Modeling is much much easier than 3D.

I understand you situation. I've been to your stage too. At first, when i try to model anything at XSI, it just forcing me to get back to 3D , model it, import it back to XSI.

But now, i use XSI for modeling no matter what. Why didn't i want to model using XSI at the beginning is because i don't get use to the XSI interface. I usually do polygon->add edge, or duplicate face in 3D. i can't find those command in XSI. However, after a couple of months, I experence that there has a lot of short cut keys to those al those command. I found it is way more ez on modeling.

And it s very accurate on the Local translation. Not like that old soft , i have to press a lot of buttons in order to get that translate.

After i get my track on XSI. i won't get back to 3D.
頭像
HapZungLam
討論區主持
討論區主持

文章wolfenstein » 28日 5月 2002年, 13:33

It seems that very few people know how to use XSI. The control is really strange and difficult to learn.
I'm seeking for some tutorials for XSI, but it's too hard to find. Can anybody give me some helpful links concerning XSI usages? THX.

Anyway, XSI is quite better than Maya, especially in character modeling. I think the best way to creat a perfect human body in a very short time is by using XSI rather than Maya.
wolfenstein
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章: 1
註冊時間: 23日 5月 2002年, 15:47
來自: Beijing

XSI isn't that hard

文章ANDY FUNG » 28日 5月 2002年, 19:58

i don't think XSI is hard to learn
and there are lots of tutorial in www.edharriss.com
also i just done my demo reel by XSI
I agree that XSI is buggy.....but some fuction is powerful too............. right?
ANDY FUNG
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章: 35
註冊時間: 20日 8月 2001年, 08:00
來自: (HK) Vancouver

文章HapZungLam » 28日 5月 2002年, 22:27

Why ppl saying XSI is buggy? are you guys using the version download from warez site?

I don't know, since i only find it buggy when i use XSI 1.0. no problem with 1.5, 1.5.3, 2.01, 2.02. They work fine (with NT OS).

It is buggy when you are using it on linux or Unix. It is because they are running a windows emulator on those os. that's why it is buggy. But if you are running in Windows. That shouldn't be any problem. I am sure that it is less bug than maya.
頭像
HapZungLam
討論區主持
討論區主持

文章boris » 28日 5月 2002年, 22:38

XSI教材都算出了不少,但很貴。一個人好難買得起......
例如這個是XSI2.01最新的video教材
http://www.cineframe.com/fundamentals/index.htm

好想買,但1個人的話貴左D........... :cry: