How to generate Chinese Text

各XSI / Softimage/Face Robot 用戶可在這裡交流問題和分享制作經驗

版主: HapZungLam

How to generate Chinese Text

文章3volts » 4日 6月 2002年, 02:25

Hi.. i'm from Singapore.During the XSI 2.0 launch here last year the demo guy was able to generate Chinese Text by typing Hanyu Pinyin.
Does anyone know how to do that in an English operating system ? i'm using windows2000.
3volts
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章: 2
註冊時間: 1日 6月 2002年, 04:14
來自: Singapore

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

文章HapZungLam » 4日 6月 2002年, 07:35

i just tried copy and paste "歡 迎" this two words in the text genarator. it won't show, it is because is in "Times New Roman" font.

Then i change to some other for see if any of them works. I discover that all the font that has an "@" sign in front will works ( not works perfectly, but it is good enough).

Which means. if you have the font installed, you will be able to type in chinese fonts.

You may also inported with .eps file. just type the words in illustrator, save it as eps. Import in XSI. it will work the same way.

But personally, i won't use Text generator. There has no 3D application did good 3D text. I suggest you model it on your own.
頭像
HapZungLam
討論區主持
討論區主持

文章: 1143
註冊時間: 30日 8月 2001年, 08:00
來自: Vancouver

文章3volts » 4日 6月 2002年, 16:52

Usually i trace out or work with eps files & the client would supply it 'cos i cannot generate Chinese Text in Illustrator or Photoshop although I have Chinese fonts installed.I do not have any fonts with the "@" sign in front.
Its tedious to trace & sometimes i find it easier & faster to generate & modify from there.

Anyway,after some fiddling i managed to get XSI to generate Simplified Chinese Text using Hanyu Pinyin.But Photoshop & Illustrator still can't.For Traditional Chinese i have to use the "Character Map".

For those interested,these are the steps(windows2000):
1.Control Panel, Regional Options
2.Under "General-Language Settings for system" -enable Traditional & Simplified Chinese
3.Under "Input Locales-Add"- add the Chinese(PRC) with the Chinese(Simplified)QuanPin Keyboard Layout
4.Select it & set it as default
5.Under"IME Settings" -enable all
3volts
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章: 2
註冊時間: 1日 6月 2002年, 04:14
來自: Singapore

文章HapZungLam » 4日 6月 2002年, 18:03

Sorry, i really couldn't help then :cry:

Since i never tried to install chinese fonts on my mechines. for the other fonts. i just simply copy the .ttf file into the control panel-> font directry. It will apply to all my applications.

Sorry.
頭像
HapZungLam
討論區主持
討論區主持

文章: 1143
註冊時間: 30日 8月 2001年, 08:00
來自: Vancouver

回到 Autodesk Softimage

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 11 位訪客