How many people is doing CA or studying CA?

CG Education
討論有關CG課程,不論初學者/持續進修/ 學位或碩仕課程 ; 以及本地,國內或外地升學等.

文章沉睡中的龍 » 19日 5月 2004年, 23:31

Andrew Lee 寫:i had a graduation show last summer. quite a lot of companies came to the show. one of them saw my showreel and contacted me the next day. that was how i got in this company.

it is impossible that you dont have any skills when you are studying multimedia bor! you must have some, dont worry, dont think in negative way, be positive, dont never ever give up before you try to apply a job. everyone has the same chance. good luck.

Hi Andrew
Thanks ar
What should HK guy do if some company in UK apply the job for them?
What kind of job are you doing?

Multimedia is quite hard to study. Scripting make me crazy. But I like this course. I am recently doing a assessemnt and use flash to present my idea.

Do you know what is screen design and prototype :?:
沉睡中的龍
CGV討論區會員
CGV討論區會員

文章: 128
註冊時間: 25日 8月 2003年, 11:54

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

文章Andrew Lee » 22日 5月 2004年, 01:56

hi 沉睡中的龍,

are you asking if the UK company intend to hire the people in HK, what should they do? if this is what you meant, the answer is simple, just take the job. they will sort out everything for you, such as the work permit and visa... once you get in to this country, you could keep building up your showreel, when you got better, you can move on to a better company, and so on, so on... was that what you asking? :P

im recently working in a small cg company in london, is called Arcana Digital. we have around 16 people only, a few months ago, we had a quite big project, which was 11 tv commercial and 45 mins cg animation of ActionMan, but we are now being quite quiet, the boss trying very hard to get other project,

http://www.arcanadigital.com/

because of the the company is small, we need to do quite a lot of different area, i ve been involved in, concept design, modelling, texturing, layout, animation, post-pro.... which is quite fun

i am very stupid in scripting, heheh, i hate that

sorry, i dont know what is screen design and prototype bor, hehe
www.andrewlee.hk
頭像
Andrew Lee
討論區主持
討論區主持

文章: 1562
註冊時間: 4日 8月 2003年, 09:24
來自: Hong Kong
外號: Andrew Lee

文章Joshua » 22日 5月 2004年, 23:01

unisa 寫:Andrew

i am a final year BA (multimedia) student in australia
i will plan to study MMDes next year..one year more

unluckily, there is no MA (animation) in australia now. i need to do self-learning in my MMDes if i want to do animation.

so....how is the tuition fee in UK for MA?
austraila MMDes is about $10000 for a whole program

Hello! Unisa!
I think it should be more expensive,
Check the tuition fee of the university of Sydney
http://fmweb01.ucc.usyd.edu.au/pgcourses/FMPro?-db=pg%5fcourses.fp5&-format=details.html&-sortfield=dcrsname&xShowOnWeb=Y&dFaculty=Sydney%20College%20of%20the%20Arts&-recid=78&-find=
It's about AUS$16560 for one year.

And if you want a professional training of Computer Animation, I may suggest you checking this Australian approved technical school http://www.aftrs.edu.au AFTRS, AFTRS digital media graduate is part of the requirement of applying a job as a 3D animator in Animal Logic, so you see the position of this school is.
However, you must be a Australian citizen to apply a full-time course, what's a pity! if you are not Aussie. Short-time courses may be not that strict, checking it before you apply.

good lucky, mate! :D
Joshua
CGV討論區會員
CGV討論區會員

文章: 126
註冊時間: 2日 6月 2002年, 18:48
來自: Hong Kong/Sydney

上一頁

回到 C G 課程及進修交流

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 3 位訪客