“票選”一個工作者需要讀幾多年書

CG Education
討論有關CG課程,不論初學者/持續進修/ 學位或碩仕課程 ; 以及本地,國內或外地升學等.

cg工作者需要讀幾多年書?

多過 4 年
27%
4 年
8%
3 年
17%
2 年
6%
1 年
8%
少於 1 年
8%
自學 或 學徒身分
25%

總投票數 : 48

文章S'tephen » 9日 6月 2005年, 20:02

Joker朋友

多謝! :D

我是比較敏感的,因為好多時上來,我總會引起罵戰!
久而久之會過敏,語氣也變得甚重,瀕臨崩潰邊緣的我。

只想追求討論的空間,望各位體諒!

頭像
S'tephen
CGV討論區會員
CGV討論區會員

文章: 1368
註冊時間: 5日 4月 2004年, 16:53

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

文章h2o » 10日 6月 2005年, 00:19

唉..... 以前冇機會讀麻, 依家你地幸福好多囉, 有得讀比心機d :mrgreen:
FB
My Lab
CG guy + Researcher + Educator
頭像
h2o
討論區主持
討論區主持

文章: 4945
註冊時間: 7日 4月 2002年, 08:00
來自: Dark Side
外號: 水水

文章HapZungLam » 10日 6月 2005年, 08:23

This is a very good topic to have discussions. First off, I am glad that our members are staying calm to look at this section. Please keep it up.

Secondly I want to share some of my opinions. It gives me flash backs when I keep on reading the questions and concerts. If i break the industry into 10 years per generation. I would be at the end of 2nd generation group.

Back in the days, not much college were having CG courses to take. I should say, not may ppl even know what's CG. The cost of taking a CG course is extremly expansive. The instructors are not having alot of industry experience. Not many books or online tutorials. No CGtalk, no CGVS, no zbrush. We all believe, making a good demoreel will get you a very high pay job. But.... how to make a good demo? I've heard lots and lots of storys of their own. Me, myself had got into wrong trand manytimes until i really found my way out. After I took a 4 months course. Many ppl asked me why don't I .... like, keep going to school and learn more (since i can't get into the industry). I can't think of a reason to get to school. There has nothing much I can learn from school anymore. So.. there had a big gap going between school and the actual industry standard. What position was I? and what position should i get to?
頭像
HapZungLam
討論區主持
討論區主持

文章: 1143
註冊時間: 30日 8月 2001年, 08:00
來自: Vancouver

文章HapZungLam » 10日 6月 2005年, 08:31

Alright, thats good enough for my own story to get to my next topic that I want to discuss.

Since the choices are "less than 1 year" to more than 4 years. So, actually.... what should the school be teaching. And what has tobe teach to get into the industry. For students who is studying CG currently. What do you expect to learn? What is missing?

I do not know what do they teach nowadays. Back in the days, I learned the software. That's it, how to use the software to model, animate and textures. Little lecture class on traditional animation every once a week. And after 12 weeks we have to put together our demo. We never learned what's a good typology of 3D. Never learned lighting, cinematography, textures in different channels, scripting, story telling etc.
頭像
HapZungLam
討論區主持
討論區主持

文章HapZungLam » 10日 6月 2005年, 08:53

The 3rd thing that i want to talk about is the industry standard.

If my supervisor ask me to look for a texture guy right now. This is what I base on searching.

1. good sense on colouring ( I don't want to see RGB colour highly saturate on their texture map. More over, is the colour combosition. For example: Even nowadays i've seen ppl use the colour "black" to put on the shading of "yellow". Guys, I know it might happen in the real world, but it just doesn't look good. If you put black in yellow, it will make the yellow less saturate. Yellow tobe a worm colour, black will just bring the coldness to it. I 'd rather having orange, brown or even blue if u want to make it stylize. but never use black. This is what i mean by colour sense)

2. observation (by looking at their job. I can tell is this guy observate the world around him. For example: texturing a concreat road. I am looking for, tire marks, dust, cracks, pill off paints. -- geting inito even more detail will be, any gums, leafs, cigaratte, bird waste, etc. The most important thing is "are they at the right place". I've seen many ppl putting all kinds of dirt and details into their object but just non of them are at the right place. Maybe their emotion telling them that should be there, but they never have enough "observation" to tell them where are those suppose tobe)

3. traditional art skill ( if the texture library not having enough textures, is he able to paint it by himself)

4. Understanding of different channels of textures (what i mean is colour map, bump map, etc. You can't imagine how many ppl out there still just desaturate their colour map as their bump map and spec map)

5. The size of the texture ( tell you the truth. I've seen ppl who are already in the industry, using an 1280x1280 textur tile 150x on a little object that size as a pencil )

6. Understand rendering ( this is the continuation of no.5. If ppl don't know the structure of building a set or character. Manymany errors will be created which may lead to the scene not able to render. It will slow down the pipeline. its very important)

If you understand or having all of the above, I might consider it.

However, I am a very picky person.
頭像
HapZungLam
討論區主持
討論區主持

文章laptuaoscar » 11日 11月 2005年, 15:18

I agree this is a good topics. It doesnt matter what Stephen want to know about CG industry, but good for vote to know more and share others' opinion . I support u, Stephen.

Back to the topics, I think How long u take is not important. The more importance is the teacher. If the teacher can tell u right things and also teach u something outside the book, it is good to study. Someone study at sch for a few years but the teacher hasnt guide him on the right track, then it is waste of the time at sch. Do some research and observation of the school b4 u go to there.
laptuaoscar
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章: 47
註冊時間: 31日 3月 2004年, 15:58
來自: AU

文章S'tephen » 11日 11月 2005年, 15:47

謝謝 :D ! laptuaoscar 兄、HapZungLam 兄、Joker兄、水兄捧場、捧場。

開這topics 時! 個刻、香港新聞報導說:“教育處推行3.3.4 學制的議案。”

“大專課程行四年制”的改革訊號,以由政府發到各各學院及大學的部門裡去,務要實行。

我比較擔心的說: CG industry 裡眾多大學的部門是不會做市場調查的。

我怕佢地會破格,而不是“改革”,開有形無實的課程。
       (破壞應該有的格局,開拓學不為實用的課程)

正如laptuaoscar 兄咁說有料的老師多嗎?我不知道夠不夠填囉! :D

所以開一下topics 討論,自由自在的討論,各抒己見,二來投石問路一下。

清醒自己,再可言之有物向執行階層討論。

頭像
S'tephen
CGV討論區會員
CGV討論區會員

文章laptuaoscar » 12日 11月 2005年, 21:43

開多d有內容ga post, 我地都會有得著的 ;)

四年制個人認為系好, 在大學多d空閒時間, 又可走堂 :)
laptuaoscar
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章: 47
註冊時間: 31日 3月 2004年, 15:58
來自: AU

文章S'tephen » 14日 11月 2005年, 13:41

21票 寫:圖檔

假如以這個骨干看看,模擬是一間21人的公司,會是幾有趣的,可能都幾理想的公司架構!
有三個層面的人會出現!多過4年,3年,自學,兩條明顯的分隔線!

多過4年的,會是核心作領導。夾雜其他經驗多但學歷略淺,可能是4年3年以下的人組成。
視乎年齡推測,分成做人物設定,美術指導、電腦特效指導、部門的主任等等。

4年3年2年的人,可能是新畢業生,或其他有一兩年工作經驗的見習動畫師。這群體有一定的知識同理解力。但管理或應變的經驗不多,會向公司的人學習。這層的人比較少會再出返來讀書,穩定地向工作上發展。

其他人就會是學徙了,補給中間層的人手工作上的需要。分工也單一化。
專注一番起模,動作等等工作。這層的人會多數選擇課程修讀。
如果選擇是三年制的(可以是part time),那人是希望成為美術指導或管理層面的工作。
如果選擇是短期課程,課程後更了解的是整個工作流程的手法。
目標成為見習動畫師。再由見習動畫師升上去做部門的主任。

假若你認為我的推測不是很准,咁~即系你有自己的答案,不妨分享下。
如果你是這21人公司的一份子。你會點分類呢!頗不錯的游戲唷!
這問題可以反映你的管理能力、管理觸角夠不夠敏銳唷! :mrgreen:

當然:

因為無年齡同工作經驗等項目一並比較! 所以無一定准的答案。
可以好大膽假設咁玩玩,如果你是部門的主任,大若會點分配工作唷? 
頭像
S'tephen
CGV討論區會員
CGV討論區會員

文章lightemu » 20日 7月 2006年, 00:41

以我的經驗為例
讀了4年
在上年加入了一間工司為見習生
和我同年齡的同士沒有讀任何有關課程
在公司做了4年己是主任級了
lightemu
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章: 1
註冊時間: 8日 5月 2006年, 23:19

文章luxoJr » 20日 7月 2006年, 01:14

讀書和做事往往都系兩回事
從來不應掛鉤
有得讀就開開心心讀埋佢啦
比心機讀, 但出來以後就是另一個游戲了
每個游戲都有其法則
總之, 讀書時讀書, 游戲時游戲啦
頭像
luxoJr
CGV討論區會員
CGV討論區會員

文章: 201
註冊時間: 26日 11月 2004年, 01:33

文章Marco » 9日 1月 2007年, 10:24

其實CG工作者呢個范圍好廣, 一個新入行animator系工作者, 做到Paul Debevec咁又系叫工作者...

不如問... 一個build model o既人要讀幾多年書, 一個做R&D o既人要讀幾多年書, 一個illustrator要讀幾多年書好過...

同埋讀幾多年唔系關鍵, 大家讀o左乜實質o野入腦先系關鍵
如果有得讀就讀, 打好個底, 未來o既學習就會更易
讀個degree唔系好多年, 但終身學習就有幾十年, 讀書系為增強自己o既學習能力, 唔系只為o左學技能返工ga

讀o左書唔一定可以起步快, 但可以令你走得更遠 :wink:
頭像
Marco
CGV討論區會員
CGV討論區會員

文章: 216
註冊時間: 3日 11月 2006年, 18:23

文章wkin99 » 9日 1月 2007年, 22:12

個PO 05年的,又可以重見天日,真系估你吾到。 :o