One spaceship a day

公開制作中的 2D/插圖/慨念圖或有關Making of,與其他網友論討

版主: purehay, Andrew Lee

文章hollowman » 18日 1月 2009年, 15:51

well...
It is my own opinion:
I dont know what is the purpose of this thread.
Because I saw that your spaceships are getting more and more strange and "ugly". Is it really a matter to draw a spaceship day by day.
Because we know that you have the ability to draw good space ship.
Now I just feel that you want to fill that 100 space... so the shape and design of spaceship really not very good... no passion at all.

may be you can force yourself pratice something that you dont draw often, i dont know, like 100 monster, 100 human ...

they are just my opinion, dont argue if somebody dont agree. thx.
頭像
hollowman
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章: 29
註冊時間: 1日 7月 2004年, 15:44
來自: hong kong

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

文章Andrew Lee » 18日 1月 2009年, 21:13

hollowman 寫:well...
It is my own opinion:
I dont know what is the purpose of this thread.
Because I saw that your spaceships are getting more and more strange and "ugly". Is it really a matter to draw a spaceship day by day.
Because we know that you have the ability to draw good space ship.
Now I just feel that you want to fill that 100 space... so the shape and design of spaceship really not very good... no passion at all.

may be you can force yourself pratice something that you dont draw often, i dont know, like 100 monster, 100 human ...

they are just my opinion, dont argue if somebody dont agree. thx.

Hi Hollowman,

Thanks for your comment. It's so good to have different opinions. That's why I decided to post a thread instead of drawing on my own.

The purpose for this thread is to listen to people’s comments. The purpose to make 100 spaceships is like an experiment, to push myself, to practice myself on both painting skills and ideas.

For the skills wise
I am trying more different way to paint in Photoshop. As you could see in the progress images, I sometimes sketch the outline and colour it underneath, sometimes I paint the colour straight from the beginning...... just want to keep trying, to see which method is better for which type of shape.

For the Idea wise
'Sometimes' the progress is even more important than the final result (for me). I am not trying to make all spaceships look cool only, but trying to explore what it would be other than just looks cool, what it could be if not in streamline, and try to get the balance. By looking at or thinking of different stuff to influence the shape and design. This is more like a brainstorming or layout stage, which I try not to strict myself on any rules.

I believe ‘practice makes prefect’.

Thanks a lot for your opinions again. :wink:
www.andrewlee.hk
頭像
Andrew Lee
討論區主持
討論區主持

文章: 1562
註冊時間: 4日 8月 2003年, 09:24
來自: Hong Kong
外號: Andrew Lee

文章vivid » 18日 1月 2009年, 22:11

Lee sir, 可否 請教你滴Idea來源? example 你所參考邊方面既資料?
thanks! :mrgreen:
vivid
CGV討論區會員
CGV討論區會員

文章: 111
註冊時間: 5日 11月 2007年, 11:27
來自: Malaysia

上一頁

回到 2D | Concept Art (WIP)

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 3 位訪客