SCAD-Savannah

CG Education
討論有關CG課程,不論初學者/持續進修/ 學位或碩仕課程 ; 以及本地,國內或外地升學等.

SCAD-Savannah

文章chun_401 » 9日 8月 2011年, 16:47

本身有做開Animation..
如果想去Savannah讀Animation要咩條件?
難唔難入?
chun_401
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章: 4
註冊時間: 9日 8月 2011年, 16:39
外號: chun_401

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: SCAD-Savannah

文章h2o » 9日 8月 2011年, 17:35

最緊要係.... 錢!
FB
My Lab
CG guy + Researcher + Educator
頭像
h2o
討論區主持
討論區主持

文章: 4945
註冊時間: 7日 4月 2002年, 08:00
來自: Dark Side
外號: 水水

文章ayakiryu » 9日 8月 2011年, 17:50

the requirment of entering to SCAD is not difficult , as long as you meet the requirment . However it depends on the achievement you wish to gain ; I would suggest that if you wish to learn some professional animating skills from the professor then it is not a must to take animation course in SCAD
ayakiryu
CGV討論區會員
CGV討論區會員

文章: 138
註冊時間: 17日 1月 2010年, 12:48

文章chun_401 » 9日 8月 2011年, 19:37

ayakiryu 寫:the requirment of entering to SCAD is not difficult , as long as you meet the requirment . However it depends on the achievement you wish to gain ; I would suggest that if you wish to learn some professional animating skills from the professor then it is not a must to take animation course in SCAD

Then where you pefer to go?
chun_401
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章ayakiryu » 9日 8月 2011年, 20:53

http://www.escapestudios.com/

Try escape studio . You will be learnt the skill you wish to seek in the industry . But if money is the problem then the only way you can do is develop your animating skills and keep posting in the forum regularly .
ayakiryu
CGV討論區會員
CGV討論區會員

文章chun_401 » 9日 8月 2011年, 22:20

It need not consider the money..
I am only a secondary student and I hope to find a wonderful college or university for studying a degree.
Do you have any idea..
chun_401
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章ayakiryu » 10日 8月 2011年, 11:45

There is no such ' wonderful ' college or university in life . Mostly animation course in an university programme only consider as academy subject therefore student will have to asign some of an asignment that may not related animation for example ; such as essay writing .

To be honest degree is not a must in nowadays cause eveyone are degree holders . Furthermore animation industry does not required a degree but only your skills and working experience is an animation studio seeks . It is your decisions to desired in life and no harm for try .

Anyway for your references you can try vancouver film school , hertfordshire university or the college near to Kwoloon Tong .

Hope that helps
ayakiryu
CGV討論區會員
CGV討論區會員

文章A00017940 » 10日 8月 2011年, 12:34

Agree with Ayakiryu. I think it is nice to have a degree but strong portfolio and strong skill are the most important for animators.

You can also try Sheridon College in Toronto, they offer 3 years degree course on traditional animation and computer animation. great course by the way. or AnimationMentor, you can study at home for that, but that's only a diploma.

I would suggest Sheridon College or Gobelins animation school in France if money isn't a problem for you and you have good drawing skills. it's also a good idea to take a look at the graduate student portfolio of each school to choose which one is best for you.
A00017940
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章: 97
註冊時間: 14日 11月 2005年, 01:36
來自: HKG -> VAN -> HKG

文章h2o » 10日 8月 2011年, 13:22

我想問多少少.... 樓主話"做開Animation"

究竟係 2D, 3D 定係 stop motion?

3D animation 又可以睇成 character animation or VFX

Animation 本身隻字又包含好多野, 背後有 concept design, story, cinematography, audio, composting & editing

你揀學校之餘, 都要了解多D 其他範疇既野 ;)
FB
My Lab
CG guy + Researcher + Educator
頭像
h2o
討論區主持
討論區主持

文章: 4945
註冊時間: 7日 4月 2002年, 08:00
來自: Dark Side
外號: 水水

文章ayakiryu » 10日 8月 2011年, 13:55

Got a questions

If I want to improve my zbrush and 3d modeling skills , Shall I take cousre in vancouver film school ?
ayakiryu
CGV討論區會員
CGV討論區會員

文章siuchris » 10日 8月 2011年, 13:57

一年十幾萬你都讀到:O
睇黎你都好有錢呀:P
siuchris
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章: 25
註冊時間: 31日 5月 2011年, 23:13
外號: CG菜鳥

文章ayakiryu » 10日 8月 2011年, 14:16

I just asking cause I have reviewed their showreel through in youtube . But the only problem is I 'm not sure how they teach
ayakiryu
CGV討論區會員
CGV討論區會員

文章gsxr824 » 10日 8月 2011年, 14:44

ayakiryu 寫:There is no such ' wonderful ' college or university in life . Mostly animation course in an university programme only consider as academy subject therefore student will have to asign some of an asignment that may not related animation for example ; such as essay writing .

To be honest degree is not a must in nowadays cause eveyone are degree holders . Furthermore animation industry does not required a degree but only your skills and working experience is an animation studio seeks . It is your decisions to desired in life and no harm for try .

Anyway for your references you can try vancouver film school , hertfordshire university or the college near to Kwoloon Tong .

Hope that helps

I do not want to appear to be rude. However, I must disagree with your false perceptions Ayakiryu. There are "wonderful" colleges and universities in life. There are thousands of university out there, I'm assertive that you have not been to all of them, so why raise such a bias statement?

There is an enormous amount of Universities out there that provide Animation majors and Art specific institutions. They are NOT just a course provided in an university. Just to say a few; Academy of Art University, Cal Arts, Art Institute, Ringling college....etc are all institutions that provides a degree with a major in animation. I can back this up, as myself is an Academy of Art University and without any bitter assumptions, I can share to this forum that my experience in this University was in fact nothing less than phenomenon.

If anyone must want to hear this, I highly recommend a degree course. Although, it's true that skills is more important over your degree. However, one neglects to over see that if one day you decide to explore the possibility of an animation career outside of Hong Kong, especially in US or Canada. They need a degree holder with relevant experience to qualify as a potential candidate for a work visa.

We all know that, in this animation industry, Pixar, Dreamwork, ILM, Disney and Weta Digital are one of the top dogs and none of these companies are in Hong Kong. If your dream is to work there, with no degree you will need at least 5 years of experience without a degree. The visa type will be different versus a candidate with a degree. There will be more limitations. Additionally, Hong Kong vfx and animation industry is declining and your commercial experience or minor TV series experience will not be valid to these top dogs.

I know, everyone has a degree and there is nothing special about it. However, if you look at this in a wider spectrum. Without a degree, you are less competitive on paper against those who do have a degree.
gsxr824
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章: 5
註冊時間: 10日 8月 2011年, 13:56

文章A00017940 » 10日 8月 2011年, 14:49

ayakiryu 寫:Got a questions

If I want to improve my zbrush and 3d modeling skills , Shall I take cousre in vancouver film school ?

For zbrush or 3d modeling skill, I think AnatomyTools.com will help you alot. I think learning from the inside out is better. I know many ILM people are taking this course..
A00017940
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章: 97
註冊時間: 14日 11月 2005年, 01:36
來自: HKG -> VAN -> HKG

文章gsxr824 » 10日 8月 2011年, 14:54

A00017940 寫:
ayakiryu 寫:Got a questions

For zbrush or 3d modeling skill, I think AnatomyTools.com will help you alot. I think learning from the inside out is better. I know many ILM people are taking this course..

If you need to improve your modeling skills, the best way to study anatomy. Understand where the muscles are located and how they react in different motion. While learning anatomy, do some sculpting, that always help. Lastly, draw more.

cheers,
gsxr824
討論區新秀
討論區新秀

文章: 5
註冊時間: 10日 8月 2011年, 13:56

下一頁

回到 C G 課程及進修交流

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 10 位訪客